There are many ways to donate and help with disaster relief for the many victims of Hurricane Sandy.
1. Red Cross: http:/www.redcross.org Or, text ‘RED CROSS” to 90999 to donate $10 to disaster relief. Red Cross is also requesting blood donations. Call 1-800-RED-CROSS for questions and blood donation appointments.
2. Americares: http://www.americares.org AmeriCares provides disaster relief and provides humanitarian services. They work directly with clinics and hospitals and provide services and medical supplies all over the world.
3. Salvation Army: http://donate.savationarmyusa.org Has vehicles that will be able to provide meals to displaced people as well as supplies. You can also call and get more information about volunteering at 1-800-SAL-ARMY
4. World Vision: http://donate.worldvision.org/OA_HTML/ibeCZzpHome.jsp?a=b will focus their efforts on specific needs of children. They have clean up kits, emergency kits and food to help all along the East Coast.You can text “GIVEUSA” to 777444 to make a $10 contribution to World Vision.
5. Help to the Caribbean: Sandy claimed about 70 lives and over 50 lives in Haiti.
6. International Medical Corps: https://internationalmedicalcorps.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=878 Since 2010, International Medical Corps has been working in Haiti. The organization will be working with local agencies in Haiti to provide disaster relief to people.
7. Operation USA: https://donate.opusa.org/ is working to provide safe water to Cuba as well as providing support and relief to Jacmel, Haiti. You can use the link provided or call 1-800-678-7255 or text “AID” to 50555 to donate $10 to Operation USA.